Sometimes your personal landscaping needs require more than just a chainsaw and an axe. Forest tractors are multipurpose machines that can be used for lifting and transporting heavy loads.
If you’re looking for a forest tractor, here are some features, kit pour tracteurs forestiers as it’s known in French, you can’t go without:
- You want a machine that is rugged and tough. Four-wheel drive will allow you to manoeuvre even the most difficult terrain. Even weight distribution over the hitch allows for stability over uneven turf.
- While you need your machine to be tough, you still want it to be small enough to navigate tight spaces so that you can reach every inch of your land.
- A compact body makes it not only easier to move around, but this coupled with a good weight distribution will lower the chances of soil compaction that leads to erosion.
- Further features to look for are power steering, that will make moving around effortless as you take on your personal landscaping tasks. Oil bar disk brakes will allow for more control as you work at different inclines. In addition to this, shuttle transmission allows for ease when changing between forward and backward movement.
- Two aspects that will help you achieve all your home landscaping goals are crane and a log trailer. A hydraulic crane will give you more power despite a small size. Bear in mind, however, that you don’t want to compromise your ability to manoeuvre with ease by choosing a trailer that is too long.
- A skid plate protects the underside of the tractor as you drive over hard gravel and rocks.
- A snow plough will no only allow you to clear a path in the snow, you’ll also be able to clear rocks, and loose branches after your landscaping work is done.
- A protection frame around the driver’s seat will ensure that you are protected as you drive through low handing branches and thick foliage. A solid roof above you will mean you could get some work done in the sun and light rain.
- Light protectors mean that you won’t be wasting time and money replacing the glass or the bulbs. It doesn’t hurt to have a chainsaw rack, so you don’t have to carry your tools around or leave rubble out in the yard.
It may cost a pretty penny to buy a good quality machine, but it’ll be worthwhile in the end.