Many types of cement, stones, bricks and other construction materials are not resistant to moisture, and thus using protection of these is the top most priority. Although many companies claim that their construction materials are waterproof, but not enough to last forever. Therefore, waterproofing becomes mandatory to protect your home from any kind of water damage, be it rain or leakage.
Different ways of water proofing
- Rigid water proofing includes thick concrete, metal water proofing or plastering with sand and cement. Metal sheets are used to make stiff sheet for water proofing. They are attached to buildings by means of screws, glues, anchors and pins or welding.
- Paintable waterproofing is done by covering the surface with liquid and plastic materials such as paints and varnish. These days, water proofing paints are made up of resins and plastics, which are one of the best protection against water.
- Lining waterproofing technique is the combination of paint waterproofing and lining waterproofing. In this technique, the building surfaces are coated with rolls or sheet materials and the preferable one is roofing felt. It is used to protect bricks, concrete and different metal surfaces.
- Plaster water proofing is divided into three types. Cement plaster, asphalt plaster and molded asphalt waterproofing.
- Wall putty water layer are made up of compositions using mortars and mastics. It creates thick and perfect waterproofing layers, which have found its use in construction and trimming. The main advantage of using this water proofing method is that it is not affected by physical, mechanical and chemical strains.
- Penetrating waterproofing makes concrete resistant to moisture. It is applied both initially in the beginning and in the final stage of the building construction. The water proofing material is taken up by the concrete porous structure. Moreover, since it has a penetrating mechanism, it is resistant to chemical attack and also increases resistance to surface.
- Sprayed waterproofing is spraying of water proofing material by paint gun or airless spraying pad. Water proofing material is based on chemicals like polyurethane, traditional bitumen membrane by Soprema and acrylic.
- Injection waterproofing is used to prevent leakage in walls by treating joints at the intersection of walls and ground. It increases leakage resistance of foundation and prevents leakage of soil moisture. The waterproofing solution is injected with high pressure force into the walls of the buildings. To accomplish this, special packers or injectors are available in the market. Therefore, when the composition layer is developed it forms water proof membrane between ground and the wall.